Thursday, February 18, 2010

Income Tax Revolt!

This evening, I've been working on my 2009 federal tax return. I'm just about ready to jump out of a window from the second story of my house.

If you don't complete your federal income tax return yourself, do it this year, especially if you have any kind of a small business. If you just hand your records over to a CPA, don't do that this year. Instead, see if you can do it yourself. I'll bet you can't, especially if you don't use any other assistance, such as Turbo Tax or some other tax preparation service.

If you are unwilling to try this, then you may just be part of the problem. If you do try it, you have my sympathy, and you will see immediately (okay, it may take an hour or two) why you should call your member of congress and demand that he or she support the Fair Tax.

I dare you. I double dog dare you. Can you take the dare? Tell me how it works out for you.

Did you know that nearly 50% of the households in the United States DO NOT PAY federal income taxes? That's part of the reason why those of us who do pay federal income taxes have to pay so much.

I know how much I paid in federal income taxes in 2008. Do you know how much your household paid? If you don't, then you deserve all the wretched government you are paying for ( or not paying for, if yours is one of the households that doesn't actually pay federal income taxes).

No comments: